This morning, before getting on with my day, I read my Bible and spent time thanking the Lord for the world He has provided here for me to live (and work) in. Before I got started with my chores, I asked the Lord for guidance to know which things He wanted me to attend to for the day.
Some of those things included:
- hanging clothes out to dry (We have the luxury of a clothesline.)
- folding laundry
- dusting my bedroom
- picking red raspberries (My daughter and I picked 2 gallons today.)
- fixing steak for lunch
- planting potato peels (the eyes will grow in spots where my seed potatoes failed to come up)
- taking a walk for exercise
- repairing a children’s book my kids used for my grandchildren to use
driving tractor to
take a load of hay over to our sister and brother-in-law’s barn for storage.
My day is not over yet. But you get the idea. I live in the country and there is plenty to do.
Was I hilariously joyful in all of those jobs? Not likely. But I did ask for the Lord’s guidance and I looked for details about the tasks and that I did enjoy.
Ask for His guidance. Looking for details can be a treasure hunt that the Lord has in store for you.
photo credit: jasleen_kaur via photo pin cc
photo credit: Lawrence Whittemore via photo pin cc
Leave a Reply