Psalm 57:2 says, “I will cry to God Most High, to God who accomplishes all things for me.”
I have read that verse many times before and considered the “all things” of which it speaks. I gazed into the future and daydreamed about what God may do for me. But the future is so hazy that I cannot rejoice in the specifics of what God may do for me.
Today, I looked back at what He has done.
He gave me loving parents and hand-picked my family members .
- He let me grow up in the north country to see His Majesty through Lake Superior.
He has provided a getaway cabin in the north woods for us to enjoy.
- He granted me the desire of my heart. I wanted to be a wife and a mother. He provided a prince of a man to be my husband.
- He took me through childbirth four different times. He lifted me up and held me when I miscarried.
- He gave me hope when I was depressed.
- He saved me from death when I needed emergency surgery.
- He protected me and my husband when we had 2 potentially fatal accidents within 5 minutes of each other.
- He has comforted me with the recent loss of my Dad.
- He provided food and shelter for us even when money was scarce.
- Before I was created, He loved me and sent Jesus to this earth to be the source of my eternal salvation.
Take a little time today and look. Can you see what God has accomplished for you?
Enjoy some time thanking and offering Him the praise He deserves today.